What information does Altula collect?
Altula collects personally identifiable information ("PII") such as:
- your name, your phone number and address (street and e-mail)
- username and password
- age, marital status and occupation
- job title, employment status and job history
- company size, revenue, type, and industry codes (SIC and NAIC)
- company name, phone number, physical address and URL
- email preferences
- purchase history
- affiliation purchases (lead outs by user)
- interest or hobbies
When we collect PII from you, it is because you voluntarily submit the information to us in order to participate in activities such as subscriptions, purchases, registrations, surveys, bulletin boards, blogs, request for products or services, or other means available on the Altula web site.
Additionally, Altula collects the following Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
- IP Address. IP addresses are numbers that are automatically assigned to your computer, and, if associated with other individually identifiable information, could be considered personal information. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer and improve the Altula web site. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information, some of which we aggregate and then share with our strategic alliances or potential strategic alliances companies. We also use your IP address to keep track of the information you have seen on our site.
- Site Access. We may also collect the name of the domain from which you access the Internet (e.g., aol.com); the date and time you access the Altula web site; and the Internet address of any web site from which you link directly to the Altula web site; as well as collecting and storing other information in a user's log file. A user's log file tells Altula where a user comes from when entering the Altula web site; which part of the Altula web site the user visits as well as where the user goes when leaving the Altula web site; and how much time the user spends in the Altula web site.
What is this information used for?
Among other things, we use this information to provide you with the services available on Altula and to create or enhance our relationship with you.
We also use your information for other things which may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Emails Altula uses your PII to communicate with you in the course of your relationship. Altula will send emails from time to time regarding services offered or industry related news or information
- Special Offers. We may also contact you to tell you about products and services provided by Altula strategic alliances and other third-party organisations. If you do not wish to receive e-mail communications from Altula regarding strategic alliance offers or other third-party products and services, you may opt out of receiving such communications by following the procedure set forth in such e-mail. E-mail communications from third parties should have their own procedures for opting out. Opting out of third party communications will not affect communications sent directly by Altula.
- Pre-populated Forms Some information will be used to pre-populate forms for use on the Altula web site or when submitting information to third parties.
- Targeted Online Displays (Banners) Based on your preferences and PII, Altula may offer select banners or ads which may be of interest to you or your company.
With whom is this information shared?
Altula shares personal information only as described below:
- Compliance with Law and Protection of Altula and Others. Altula will also provide PII to third parties if compelled to do so by an appropriately empowered governmental or legal authority, or, as necessary, to protect our rights or the rights of third parties.
- Strategic Alliances. Altula has entered into marketing agreements, strategic alliances and other relationships with third-party organisations that may offer or provide products and services to you, sometimes under discounted or preferential terms. We sometimes agree to give these third parties (including potential parties to strategic alliances), PII about our users. If you initiate an inquiry with respect to a third party's product or service by clicking on the icon or link relating to such product or service on the Altula web site, we may also furnish such third party with certain PII for the purpose of, among other things, pre-populating forms or facilitating the exchange of information between you and the third party.
- Business Transfers. As Altula and its affiliated companies continue to develop businesses, it may sell various aspects of its business. If Altula sells a portion of its business it will transfer all PII associated with that business as part of such a sale. Also, in the unlikely event that Altula or substantially all of its assets are acquired, the PII will be one of the transferred assets.
What access do you have to information you provide?
You have access to much of your PII through the Altula web site, where you can view and update most of the PII we maintain.
Altula makes access to your PII subject to certain security measures, including technological controls such as "firewalls", in accordance with industry standards. When the use of the Altula web site involves the transmission of confidential information about you or Altula, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to establish a secure connection between your PC and our server. SSL allows the transmission of encrypted information from your PC to our server and back again and is the industry standard for Internet platform security. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so while Altula strives to protect your PII, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to Altula.
The Altula web site may provide you with links to other web sites. We are not responsible for those sites and cannot control the use of information that you submit once you reach those sites, nor can we control the content of what is offered on those sites or on links from those sites. You should contact such third-party web sites directly to determine their privacy policies.
Use of information from third parties
We may use information about you provided to us by third parties (such as credit reporting agencies or strategic alliances) in order to offer you their services and products, to improve our own services, or to evaluate your eligibility for our services.
This is not a children's website
Altula does not knowingly solicit data from children, and we do not knowingly market to children.
The Altula web site may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information.
Changes in these policies and practices
25 Corte Madera Ave, Suite 200
Mill Valley, CA 94941
Outside North America: 1-415-233-6430